[pure-silver] Re: It Sneaks Up On You...

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:10:24 -0500

Brian Reynolds wrote:
> Jean-David Beyer wrote:

>> I even have trouble finding loose tea. No photo dealer around here has
>> photo chemicals. B&H is the nearest, and Calumet is far away.
>
> Calumet isn't much further from you than B&H.  B&H is on West 34th
> Street in Manhattan, and Calumet has a store about a half a mile away
> on West 22nd Street.

Right. Calumet used to have a store part way up (35 floor?) in the
Empire State Building. I went there once, but they did not have much in
stock. I bought three 1/2 gallon stainless steel tanks, used. I would
have bought new, but they did not have them. I still have them, though I
do not use them anymore. I used to develop 4x5 sheet film in them, but
now I just use the Jobo. In a sense you are right, B&H and Calumet are
the same distance from me. about 30 inches. Since I never go there
anymore, but order on-line sometimes.

>> And neither sell Kodak Elite Fine Art paper, and have not for many
>> many years. I still have some TMax sheets in 100 sheet boxes, 100
>> and 400 EI.  But I worry if it will be around when I open the last
>> box of each.
>
> They also don't sell T-Max or any color film in 5x7 sheets.

Luckily, I shoot only 4x5, and 35 mm color negatives for compulsory
photographs. You know the ones I mean?

 ^^-^^ 14:05:01 up 22 days, 3:53, 3 users, load average: 4.66, 4.88, 5.00