[pure-silver] Re: It Sneaks Up On You...

  • From: richard lahrson <gtripspud@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 13:49:51 -0800

hi, i shoot 8x10 b&w for contact prints. 5x7 transparancy film seems
gone....the determined can cut 2 5x7s from each 8x10.  i would like to
shoot some large trannies again. rich

On Dec 21, 2011 1:18 PM, "Brian Reynolds" <reynolds@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jean-David Beyer wrote:
> Brian Reynolds wrote:
> > Jean-David Beyer wrote:
> >> I even have trouble...
That's before my time.  The first time I went to Calumet they were in
a walk-up location near West 18th Street.  Then they had their street
level store on West 19th Street before their recent move to West 22nd
Street.

> > They also don't sell T-Max or any color film in 5x7 sheets.
> >
> Luckily, I shoot only 4x5, a...
I decided I wanted bigger a bigger format for contact prints.  I
really like 5x7, but now I can't get the film I like for it.  (Yes,
I've tried ordering through Keith Canham, and will try again.)  I just
got a Bulldog 8x10 camera kit to see if I want to move up again.  I
like building things, and it was cheaper than even the used 8x10
cameras I was looking at.  If I do like it, the film is easier to get
in 8x10.

I've been using a Pentax DSLR to shoot my compulsory photographs.
I'll be busy with it this weekend at the family gatherings.

--
Brian Reynolds | "It's just like flying a spaceship.
reynolds@xxxxxxxxx ...