[pure-silver] Re: It Sneaks Up On You...

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 19:30:07 -0400

DEAR BRIAN,
        You are absolutely right about Tri-X's reciprocity problems...if you
work in low light.  Over the last 15 years I shot more than 130 chattel
houses with 8X10 Tri-X in PMK and loved the results.  115 of them appear in
my recently launched book BARBADOS CHATTEL HOUSES with text by Prof. Henry
Fraser.  Most exposures were between 1/4 and 2 secs and the results of using
my spot meter were...well..."spot on".
        But I also tried shooting a night scene lit only by a street lamp
and had to expose about 10 times the meter reading.  So I understand.
        As a result of the limited funds from a recent grant I could not
afford the number of sheets of 8X10 Tri-X that I wanted because I could only
find it in 10 sheet boxes, not 50 sheet boxes any more.  So, in order to
have the quantity of film I needed I decided to take the plunge and try
HP5+.  In PMK the results were lovely!
****Does anyone have actual experience with the RLF of HP5+?
                CHEERS!
                        BOB