[pure-silver] Re: Installing Horizontal Enlarger

  • From: Lloyd Erlick <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:06:27 -0500

jan2005 from Lloyd Erlick,

Instead of mounting the enlarger on the track, how about making the easel
movable? It would be lighter, could be entirely made of wood, and even
could be ceiling mounted. Place the enlarger where it could remain
stationary conveniently (maybe on a pad of bricks so it's higher than the
flood waters ever reach -- remember recent tsunami, make it higher than you
expect ever to be necessary...).

You could permanently mount spirit levels on the easel, maybe even devise
it so it can be adjusted in three planes easily for perspective control if
you ever need it. The face of it could be a sheet of galvanized steel so
the paper could be held by magnets.

Your floor could remain unobstructed this way, too.

Best of all, you could gather dust and cobwebs by storing the unused steel
floor-track forever.

regards,
--le
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.