[pure-silver] Re: Help removing (metol) stain.

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:38:23 -0500

Check the any salt box label before you buy.  Some Kosher salt (Morton
certainly) contains "yellow prussiate of soda" (sodium ferrocyanide).  Only a
trace amount to prevent caking but certainly something you *do not* want in your
developer.  Picking salt is just plain sodium chloride because you want any
brine produced to be clear.

Jerry