[pure-silver] Re: Film processing problem

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 22:14:34 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Healy" <fourbyfiveguy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2012 6:43 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Film processing problem

    Another thought, again aimed at 35mm film.
Do the lines diminish in density as the progress along the roll. If from a single light leak they should because the combination of emulsion, back coating, and anti-light-piping pigment in the support should absorb light pretty quickly. This is indeed a puzzle. I also thought about this happening if the film was bulk loaded and the loader light trap was left open. If factory loads I am totally flummoxed unless the camera has a hole in it.

Los Angeles
WB6KBL