[pure-silver] Re: Durst L1200 (condensor) & uneven illumination

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:07:08 +0200

Selon C.Breukel@xxxxxxx:

> Thanks for all replies on my question!
>
> Last night I indeed confirmed that the "uneven illumination" was
> (mostly) due to light fall-off of the lens: when stopping down from f11
> to f4 (fully open) the light-fall off in the corners was increased by 1
> to 1 1/2 stops, as predicted by the graphs..
>
> So it's nice to get some peace of mind..;-)..that it's largly a inherent
> quality of the enlarger lens, and not so much the illumination of the
> enlarger,
>
> Thanks again & best!
>
> Cor
Hmmmm !
This may me think about my Laborator 1000.
As I use Nikon EL lenses, I think the light fall off will be of the same order
than the Schneider's one.
Do you think it would be wise to test for eveness without any lens ?
I would be _really_ glad to be able to remove the frosted glass and drawing
paper from the filter drawer, to recover the high light output I used to have !
Cheers