[pure-silver] Re: Calibrating a dichroic head

  • From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:00:03 +0200

Thanks for the feedback, Rob.

I did make a kind of test print with my calibrated settings : exposing a
strip from  a 35 mm negative with one of my kids: I took the right side
of his face (which was in the sun) as the reference, starting at zero
filteration plus 0.45 ND. Printed 6 strips around it ( at 130Y, 60 Y and
30Y;  at 20M 70M and 130M plus the calibrated ND). Kinda hard to judge,
but right side of the face looked quite equal from 130Y upto 20M, 70M
and 30M beeing off, but that is no surpise, at hard settings small
differences in time give relative big changes. I am getting somewere,
not there yet though. I surely look into your table!

What's your opnion on my questions on the hardware side?

-I'll have to get used to the noice of the fan, it's not very loud, but
its there.

- I feel a very minor vibration from the fan on the head, but with my
Peak grain focuser looking at the projected image I do not see movement.

- The printing times seem roughly 1-2 stops slower than the condensor
head.

(this is with 35mm with a 6*6 mixing chamber, did not get the 35mm
mixing chamber)

- The dials on the head are very dimly lid, espec. The ND dial (yes I
opened the little flap beneath the dials, as well as switch all filters
away with the lever on the left, but still it is weak)

Thanks!

Best,

Cor