[pure-silver] Re: Book Recommendation Request

  • From: "bgutman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bgutman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 12:22:56 -0400

I do not know the intent of the search, but I found that a non photographic
books on composition might be more useful since it is not burdened with
samples and interpretations. The book(s) I refer to are conceptual and the
challenge is to interpret and translate to your way of working.  This might
not be something you only use for photo purposes, it is a lifetime of
lessons.  BTW, the books are not cheep. Paul Klee: The Thinking Eye (The
Notebooks of Paul Klee)

http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Klee-Thinking-Eye-Notebooks/dp/B0007J7YYO/ref=sr_
1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374682633&sr=1-5&keywords=Paul+Klee+notebooks

The best,
Bela

Original email:
-----------------
From: Speedy speedgraphic@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 11:50:00 -0400
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] Book Recommendation Request

Of all the places I might pose this question I believe I will come closer
finding an answer here
than anywhere else.

I am looking for a good book on Composition.

I am not looking for the basics, or even something written for an
"Intermediate" photographer.

I am hoping to find a book similar in caliber to Barry Thornton's "Edge of
Darkness" or Tim Rudman's
"The Photographer's Toning Book..."

So, what is your suggestion for the best book on composition available?

Thanks
Chuck
(AKA "Speedy")