[pure-silver] Re: Bokeh - no longer relevant? (some fun stuff for Friday)

  • From: kironkid@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:22:52 -0500 (EST)

   It's a Japanese term.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh

KK

From what I remember,  Mike Johnston coined the term relatively
recently.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Rosenberg <fdr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: pure-silver <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Jan 18, 2013 12:01 pm
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Bokeh - no longer relevant? (some fun stuff for
Friday)

"how appealing stuff out of focus is"  is a tough one to win in a
rational debate.  Subjective is subjective, no problem there, it's just
that subjectivity changes with time and experience.
 From what I remember,  Mike Johnston coined the term relatively
recently.  Till then it was a feeling photographers had for their
lenses/photographs.
Now it's what what Superior photographers add to the list of
essentials:  sharpness, tonality, etc. and Good bokeh.  That's all right
by me, but irrelevant to feeling I'm looking for in photographs.

Sons are born to deprecate; we have to destroy the old to start the new.
. . till we find out there just is.

Fred