[pure-silver] Re: Aha! Scan This....

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 19:17:44 -0400

DEAR LARRY,
        I would like to respond to two topics in your posting:
1) Yes, during the late 80s and early 90s lenses with tilt capability were
used in cinematography, mostly to shoot TV commercials.  They were
specifically used to create a tilted plane of focus cutting through the
subject.  It was trendy for a few years and quickly became cliché.
2) A friend of mine uses the H20 digital back on his Hasselblad.  He bought
the lens that allowed swings and tilts but never uses it because most
digital sensors (CCD et al.) work best when the image rays striking them are
nearly perpendicular to the surface.  He reported a strange form of digital
chromatic aberration when the rays strike the surface at more than a slight
change from the perpendicular.
                CHEERS!
                        BOB