[pure-silver] Re: AZO and Benzotriazole for anti-fogging

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 22:09:48 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: Eric Nelson
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:57 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: AZO and Benzotriazole for anti-fogging

I hope that's true of my Centennial POP paper! Now that's slow!

I'm sorry to say it probably isn't I think POP is unwashed emulsion where there are other processes causing fogging. At any rate it seems to have a relatively short shelf life. However, you never know. Its too bad Ilford can't be sweet talked into continuing to make it but I understand it was made on machinery that was not moved and the market volume is too small. The problem with all photograhic sensitive material is that its perishable. Other wise Ilford or Kodak could make tons of something and just sell it off slowly. As it is materials are mostly made in batches. If the batch doesn't sell fast enough it spoils just like cabages.