[pure-silver] Re: AZO and Benzotriazole for anti-fogging

  • From: BertS <aasainz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 18:38:29 -0400

Bogdan Karasek wrote:
Hello,

I want to do some contact printing using AZO paper that has been kept in a fridge for the past ten years. I'll be using it for the first time tomorrow. If there is fogging, how much benzotriazole should I add per liter of Dektol 1:2. The "Darkroom Cookbook" says that Benzotriazole does not dissolve readily in cold water. It says to dissolve in hot water ... 125°F/51.67°C or higher. Should I heat up the water before diluting the Dektol or can the Dektol dilute solution be heated up and then adding the Benzotriazole?

Any and all recommendations are welcome.

Cheers,
Bogdan

Benzotriazole will dissolve in alcohol. Use some common isopropyl alcohol and it will keep for a long time.

Somewhere in the archives there is a message dating back to the time I made up some. Just look for my name.

Bert