[pure-silver] Re: ADV: Re: Speaking about Pyrocat HD

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 17:59:17 -0400

DEAR DENNIS,
        Grif may have hit on something here.  I just got in the fluid
scanning supplies for my Epson V750 scanner.  If your client is using a
fluid system to scan the negs there is a very high probability that
imperfections in the base will be nearly totally, if not totally, obscured
because the fluid is supposed to be nearly the same refractive index as film
base and one normally scans (at least with the V750) emul side up/base side
down (on the glass).
        Where do you live/work?  Is there no one near you who could do a
test scan for you?
                CHEERS!
                        BOB