[pure-silver] Re: 90mm lens for 4x5 recommendations

  • From: "richard l. gifford" <rlgif@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:55:19 -0500

Ole Tjugen wrote:

(snipped radically)
>  ...on my 5x7" the bellows
> are too compressed to get much movement.

Hey, John, this is a good point regarding your decision
on the lens.  My 90 is on a recessed lensboard and the
front standard is still pretty well stuffed back there.
  And the closer your subject gets to infinity, the
more the lens gets pushed back.  There's precious
little slack around for movements, and maybe that's why
I don't miss more coverage.  I don't know where you'd
find a Massive Fitment Chart, but I think it's entirely
possible to buy more image circle that you can
effectively use when the lens is finally mounted.

Regards...   Dick Gifford