[pure-silver] Re: 90mm lens for 4x5 recommendations

  • From: Ole Tjugen <oftjugen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:58:51 +0200

Well, I use both a 90/8 Super-Angulon and a 90/6.8 Angulon. Aad a 121mm/8 SA
and a 120/6.8 Angulon
and a 165/6.8 Angulon... And some even older ones...

The only "problems" I have with the SA's is the size and weight compared to the
Angulons. And that
the aperture in the shutter of my 121/8 is wrong, so it doesn't open up past
f:10 or so. It's still
a great lens, affording plenty of movements on 5x7". So's the 90/8 on 4x5", on
my 5x7" the bellows
are too compressed to get much movement.

Ole Tjugen

13.09.04 08:05:01, "Michael Healy" <emjayhealy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I dunno, seems like everybody has to flex a big one over Nikons. Am I the only
>one
>who's not unhappy at all with an ancient (circa-1958) Schneider f8? Sure, it's
>passe
>fashion-wise, and there's no arguing but that it's slow; but look at it this
>way. If it was any
>faster, I'd get done right away, and tehn grow bored with photography. Then
>I'd end up
>joining the Six Squabbling Fools who spent all that bandwidth and the last
>week of days
>yammering 24/7about the fascist dictator Jim Brick always was. Makes slow look
>pretty
>good.
<snip>