[pure-lang] Fwd: bitbucket.org: pull requests, named branches, bookmarks

  • From: Albert Graef <aggraef@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:30:36 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Albert Graef <aggraef@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: [pure-lang] bitbucket.org: pull requests, named branches, bookmarks
To: pure-lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> just to be clear: a new fork on bitbucket for each pull request?
> that looks like quite some overhead.

It's clumsy if you have a lot of small unrelated pull requests, I
know. :( I guess that makes for one more argument in favor of github.
Well, let's wait a little more and see whether the bitbucket ppl get
their bookmarks handling in pull requests fixed.

> i've slept on this a bit, and so far the conclusion is to ditch the
> web PR facility:

Are you talking about the issue tracker? I really like to have an
entry for at least important bug reports and proposals there for my
own reference, as problem reports may get buried pretty quickly on the
mailing list.

> you should have zero problems pulling just one of my heads on default,
> and i should sleep better knowing that i use mercurial in a way
> endorsed by its authors.

Yeah, let's try this.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany