[pure-lang] Re: bitbucket.org: pull requests, named branches, bookmarks

  • From: Albert Graef <aggraef@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 18:34:27 +0200

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i had to create a named branch for each PR, and that is wrong[1][2].
> is this really the expected workflow, or should it work with bookmarks?
>
> how do you work with bitbucket.org?  i'll appreciate any advice.

Well, I just fork the repo, clone the forked repo, commit my
changesets to the master branch in my clone, push, then create a pull
request for them. That seems to work ok. In the Pure repo we try to
keep things to the master branch anyway.

Things become more complicated, of course, if you want to create
several pull requests all based on the same revision in the original
repo. Never tried that before, will have to test that.

I always try to keep things as simple as possible. So, for the time
being, if you have several independent changesets, just commit them to
the master branch one by one and then create a pull request for them
all. I can always sort them out myself and merge them manually if
necessary. For a few trivial changesets like in your case that's
really not a big deal. But I will look into better workflows for more
complicated situations.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany