Re: new ptr1

  • From: Marilyn Dorn <marilyn.dorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 06:56:16 -0800

The PlexTalk considers every recording, i.e. each folder created, as a title. It doesn't change the name for books or music or other things. They are all titles. Tracks are headings in the same manner. If you push the heading key, think it's the second down on the left side of the PTR1, it will create another track. Even though the Daisy formatting files are created, the resulting MP3 or Wav files can be used on their own as audio files. The PlexTalk, unless something has changed that I don't know about, will not burn MP3 disks. You will have to transfer your audio files to your computer and use a CD burning package.

Note that editing any of the files will not effect the actual audio files themselves. If you delete something unwanted, for instance, the Daisy files will tell the player to skip over this part, but the actual audio file will not be effected. You would have to use the PlexTalk Recording Software and Audio Export to create new audio files the way you told the Daisy title to play them. Perhaps someone else can tell whether or not this can be done on the PlexTalk itself. I'm not sure burning the material to an audio or music CD does this.

TTFN,
Marilyn