[pskmail] Re: Some test on interface to APRS viewer

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:48:53 +0100

mån 2010-12-27 klockan 17:20 +0100 skrev Franco Spinelli:
> Il 27/12/2010 17:06, Per Crusefalk ha scritto:
> > So, the problem is that you only have one serial port and both GPS and
> > PTT are enabled over that very same port? With only one port you will
> > have to choose. Either PTT or GPS. I suggest you keep RXTX but uncheck
> > "GPS is connected" in options, press ok and restart jpskmail.
> >

> No
> I have only a serial port and no GPS at all.
>
> But, with no GPS in config ("GPS is connected" is unchecked), when
> opening configuration panel there is some code in jpskmail quering for
> serial port and this action put PTT on.
>
> Regards
> Franco Spinelli
> IW2DHW

If you uncheck "GPS is connected", press ok and restart jpskmail then it
should be gone. "GPS is connected" should be unchecked, there will be a
list of available ports at "Serial ports" but thats only a list of the
available ports in the system. As long as "GPS is connected" stays
unchecked then it will not be opened.

The port opening is surrounded by an IF clause like:
"if (configuration.getPreference("GPSENABLED").equals("yes")){"

So as long as GPSENABLED is not "yes" in configuration.xml the port
should stay closed. But, remember that you do need to restart jpskmail
if you change that parameter.

73 de Per,sm0rwo