[pskmail] Re: Some test on interface to APRS viewer

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 18:25:35 +0100

Il 27/12/2010 17:48, Per Crusefalk ha scritto:
If you uncheck "GPS is connected", press ok and restart jpskmail then it
should be gone. "GPS is connected" should be unchecked, there will be a
list of available ports at "Serial ports" but thats only a list of the
available ports in the system. As long as "GPS is connected" stays
unchecked then it will not be opened.

The port opening is surrounded by an IF clause like:
"if (configuration.getPreference("GPSENABLED").equals("yes")){"

So as long as GPSENABLED is not "yes" in configuration.xml the port
should stay closed. But, remember that you do need to restart jpskmail
if you change that parameter.

In my config file (.pskmail/configuration.xml) there is:

<entry key="GPSENABLED">no</entry>

but, when I have rxtx library installed and go to configuration panel I get my PTT on. The problem is on getting com port listing. I find in configuration panel /dev/ttyUSB0 also if "GPSENABLED" is "no" and also if I put manually /dev/ttyS0 in configuration file. And if I uninstall rxtx library I get an error message, as for my email of today at 16:23.

So, at opening configuration panel, there is a call to rxtx library for device query also if "GPSENABLED" is set to "no".

Regards

Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW