[pskmail] Re: Hard to get through

  • From: "A.Oskarsson" <tf3ao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 12:44:17 +0000

Hello Rein and thanks for reply.
I just noticed: http://www.raunvis.hi.is/~matti/TF3MA/ ,that we have higher K-index than this morning, so condx might be up and down as you wrote. I'm running all the latest version, power is about 40W and the current antenna is a LW about 7m high, and SGC SG-230 tuner.
Will try to fiddle with the RSID settings, and see if I get any better.
Did connect SM0RWO at around 12:00UTC, with good results, mode was: PSK500R

Keep up a good work,

73 Seli TF3AO

Þann 2.5.2010 12:14, skrifaði Rein Couperus:
Hi Seli,

it is not easy today... I needed 500 mW this morning to work SM0RWO, but at the
moment 5Watts just supports MFSK16/THOR22 with ARQ repeats. Signals are
extremely distorted now. Still connect is possible in one of the slower (MFSK
or THOR) modes.

If you are not using yesterday's bleeding edge alpha client, the trick is to set 'RxID ON' before trying to connect. Your client will then react to the server's mode change requests. We are searching for a problem in the server, but I cannot get the system to fault even using QRPP power.

The new alpha client kills a few bugs, and I am not able to provoke errors with
that one.
Maybe one of the reasons is that you live a lot closer to the pole, which may influence the signals a lot. I have received your beacon with S7 and excellent signal quality this morning,
a connect with PI4TUE would have been easy.

So try to set RxID on before connecting...