[pskmail] Re: Hard to get through

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 14:14:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Seli,

it is not easy today... I needed 500 mW this morning to work SM0RWO, but at the
moment 5Watts just supports MFSK16/THOR22 with ARQ repeats. Signals are
extremely distorted now. Still connect is possible in one of the slower (MFSK
or THOR) modes.

If you are not using yesterday's bleeding edge alpha client, the trick is to
set 'RxID ON' before
trying to connect. Your client will then react to the server's mode change
requests.
We are searching for a problem in the server, but I cannot get the system to
fault even using QRPP power.

The new alpha client kills a few bugs, and I am not able to provoke errors with
that one.
Maybe one of the reasons is that you live a lot closer to the pole, which may
influence the
signals a lot. I have received your beacon with S7 and excellent signal quality
this morning,
a connect with PI4TUE would have been easy.

So try to set RxID on before connecting...