[projectaon] Re: [projectaon]

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jbfield977@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:42:37 +0000

JB Field wrote:

The following was sent from the Project Aon contact form
Subject: Missing Lone Wolf Books 17 to 20 & 21 to 28

Dear Project Aon.

When I first came across this site only recentley I was most impressed that the
memory of Joe Devers gamebooks were to live on. I think it is great that the
books are available to download or view online but however there are some books
missing. Books 17 to 20 of the Grandmaster series and then the entire New Order
series books 21 to 28 are not there!

But putting that aside the site is great! The whole idea of Joe Devers books
being online brings back lots of memories to me as I was a big fan and all. So
I would like to know when will the books 17 to 20 and 21 to 28 be available
online at Project Aon? It would not make any sense to leave them out
considering that you already have the other books there.

Yours faithfully

JB FIELD

Hi JB,

Thank you for your kind words. We're always pleased to hear from fellow Lone Wolf fans who enjoy what Project Aon has released so far; we will to continue until the job is done!

In the coming weeks we will finalise the text for #17: The Deathlord of Ixia and release it, so don't lose your current Action Chart! Then work will begin on "Highway Holocaust", the first book from another series by Joe Dever called "Freeway Warrior". There may also be a couple of other smaller releases in between.

Books 17-28 are not yet available for download as they are either in the process of being worked on, or haven't been worked on at all. This means that any text we have will be full of errors and problems, and not in a good enough state to release to the public. We currently hold no raw text for the New Order series (Books 21-28), as we rely on volunteers to scan the text from their copies of the books, and these books are rather rare, so not many contributors have access to copies of them.

As I mentioned above, we are working hard to release The Deathlord of Ixia very soon, and while we can't give any release dates due to the voluntary nature of Project Aon, we do aim for a minimum of three major releases every year (preferably four), which means that both Book 17 and Book 18: Dawn of the Dragons should be published during 2006.

I hope this has increased anticipation for the coming months. We are all working very hard to ensure a high level of quality for the releases, and this takes time. I hope you are not too disappointed, because this year promises to be a good one for Project Aon.

For Sommerlund and the Kai!

Kind regards,

(on behalf of Project Aon)