[projectaon] Re: Wiki closer to completion

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:35:48 +0000

Jonathan Blake wrote:

On 1/20/06, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Books 10, 11, and 12 use a different style of blurb text, which seems a little
out of place in amongst the other books.

I agree. If there was ever a more traditional (?) blurb for these we could use those instead, or simply make our own.

From the back of the Red Fox editions:

You are Lone Wolf -- the last Kai master of Sommerlund. Your search for the mystical lorestones [sic] of your ancestors leads you to the grim city-fortress of Torgar, a stronghold of the Darklords.

In /THE DUNGEONS OF TORGAR/, your mission is to recapture the last remaining lorestones [sic] from the clutches of your enemy -- the evil Darklord Gnaag. But be warned! Every turn of the page presents a new and deadly challenge as you battle through the depths of a fantastic and terrifying fortress in search of your destiny . . . or your doom!

------

You are Lone Wolf -- the last Kai master of Sommerlund. Tricked by your arch-enemy Darklord Gnaag, you have fallen into a portal of total darkness, a shadow gate[sic], that leads to the world of Daziarn.

Somewhere in the supernatural void are the two remaining Lorestones you must find in order to restore the Kai to their former glory. Will you find them or you remain forever a prisoner of the void? Your doom or your destiny await you in this exciting penultimate episode of the Magnakai quest.

------

You are Lone Wolf -- the last Kai master of Sommerlund. Upon your triumphant return from the twilight world of Daziarn, you discover your mortal enemies -- the Darklords of Helgedad -- are poised to conquer all of Magnamund.

In /THE MASTERS OF DARKNESS/ your mission is to journey to the infernal city of Helgedad, to the very heart of the Darklords' evil empire. There you must confront Darklord Gnaag, Archlord of the Black City, in a battle that will determine the future of your entire world.

------

* Whoever updates the page for new releases must remember to update the links
between series/books as well. ;-)

I'm glad you mentioned it. There's a beautiful thing called a wiki trail. You summon this arcane beast by the cryptic spell <|[[Books]]|> which draws its power from the tome Main/Books (i.e. the wiki trail is automatically updated from the order of the lists on Main/Books). We only need to update Main/Books and the links are automatically updated. Neat stuff.

Ha! That's extremely useful! :-)

Blurbs for the official Lone Wolf Books left to do should be fairly easy (just
copy the existing published text), but the Aon-specific releases, as well as the
Newsletters, will be far more problematic, the Newsletters especially. Should
the Newsletters be separated off all onto one page rather than each having an
individual download page?

That may be best, especially since there is currently only one option to view (PDF).

That will certainly simplify things.

I might have a smaller PDF ready for release before /Deathlord/ is complete, but I won't hold it against you if /Deathlord/ gets done first, Jon. ;-)