[projectaon] Re: Wiki closer to completion

  • From: Jonathan Blake <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:54:21 -0800

On 1/20/06, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jon, I spotted today that you've done some major work on the wiki Books pages,
> obviously in preparation for launch at some point in the near future. ;-)

I hope.

> A couple of things I spotted:
>
> * The Kingdoms of Terror: Should "The Book of the Magnakai" be italicised?
> * Castle Death: Should "The Book of the Magnakai" be italicised?
> * The Dungeons of Torgar: moral -> morale

All fixed, including the XML for The Dungeons of Torgar

> * Books 10, 11, and 12 use a different style of blurb text, which seems a
> little
> out of place in amongst the other books.

I agree. If there was ever a more traditional (?) blurb for these we
could use those instead, or simply make our own.

> * The Plague-lords of Ruel: This is inaccurately referred to as "The Plague
> Lords of Ruel" on the 12:TMoD page, the 13:TPloR page, the 14:TCOK, and the
> Main/Books pages.

It seems that everywhere in the books that I found it was "Plague
Lords". My memory fails me as to whether this was a concious choice,
but that's the current situation.

> * Whoever updates the page for new releases must remember to update the links
> between series/books as well. ;-)

I'm glad you mentioned it. There's a beautiful thing called a wiki
trail. You summon this arcane beast by the cryptic spell <|[[Books]]|>
which draws its power from the tome Main/Books (i.e. the wiki trail is
automatically updated from the order of the lists on Main/Books). We
only need to update Main/Books and the links are automatically
updated. Neat stuff.

> Blurbs for the official Lone Wolf Books left to do should be fairly easy (just
> copy the existing published text), but the Aon-specific releases, as well as
> the
> Newsletters, will be far more problematic, the Newsletters especially. Should
> the Newsletters be separated off all onto one page rather than each having an
> individual download page?

That may be best, especially since there is currently only one option
to view (PDF).

> So . . . how is /Deathlord/ coming along? :-D

Slow as a sloth on diazepam. No, actually much better than that.