[projectaon] Re: [projectaon]

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, thalon@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:59:47 +0000

thalon wrote:

The following was sent from the Project Aon contact form
Subject: LW originals corrupted?

Hi, first I must congratulate with all the members of the staff: I loved a lot
LW gamebooks and I think that making them live again in electronic format is a
great thing, so keep up the good work!
I write for a little technical report: LW originals in pdf format seems to be corrupted:
I tried to re-download it several times, but acrobat reader refuses to open it (I receave
a "corrupt file" message), I also tried to repair it with a recovery program
(something like advanced pdf repair tool I found on tucows), but even after the repair
process is over I have only a bunch of white pages.
I don't think is a connection problem of mine, all the other pdf books on
project aon are ok and I can read them.
Please check and let me know if I'm right.
Many thanks in advance, and, again, keep up the good work!!!

Hi Thalon

Thank you for your kind words. We're always pleased to hear from fellow Lone Wolf fans who enjoy what Project Aon has released so far; we will to continue until the job is done!

Regarding the PDF file in question, I have just downloaded and viewed it using the Mozilla Firefox web browser and encountered no problems. The URL for the file is:

http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/LW_Originals.pdf

Perhaps a download directly from the URL above will bypass the problems you are experiencing with the file. If not, the only other thing I can think of is that you may be using an older version of Adobe Acrobat. The more recent PDF files Project Aon has created usually require Acrobat 6 or later, since this allows a greater level of compression without losing image quality. You may need to upgrade to the latest version of Acrobat Reader. This is a free download from the http://www.adobe.it/ website. If you have the latest version, you may want to reinstall it to make sure all the files are in the correct places.

I hope this is of some help. If you are still having difficulties, please contact us again and I'll pass it on to one of the more technical members of Project Aon.

Best of luck!

Regards,

(on behalf of Project Aon)