[projectaon] Re: gamebook.js - an IF-style gamebook engine (featuring FotW)

  • From: Christian Jauvin <cjauvin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Eric Zollman <ericzollman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:05:29 -0500

Hi Eric,

I have seen your Action Charts and found it quite nice and useful. I
like its integration with the book part, and the fact that it doesn't
impose any fancy interaction with it (pretty much in the spirit of
gamebooks actually). It made me think that it could be perhaps somehow
integrated with my engine (that kind of split view would work well
anyway I think). It also made me think that "skinning" my UI with the
Project Aon style that you use would be nicer than my retro Unix-style
command-line interface.. :-)

About my code.. it doesn't do much at this point really. The aspects
that I wanted to explore (for the moment) are the encoding of the
gamebook world and rules in a single JSON stucture, and the basic idea
of interfacing it with a simple textual parser, instead
of click-navigating through the predefined options (although the end
result is the same of course).

That said, I'll be very interested to read your comments (and
suggestions, if you have some),

Christian