[projectaon] Re: gamebook.js - an IF-style gamebook engine (featuring FotW)

  • From: Eric Zollman <ericzollman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 17:28:45 -0500

Christian,

My computer has been down for a while but I will certainly take a look at your code when I get a chance to do so., Perhaps tonight while I'm at a friends and have access to the internet. I wrote my Action Chart code all in JavaScript myself so I'm eager to have a look at your code and see how you have gone about doing certain things. I have used the HTML5 LocalStorage method to save game data (using Prototype 1.7 and the jStorage wrapper)., I've also incorporated a 'data backup' function that extracts all of the game data and places it into a text box that can be saved to a users hard drive as a plain txt file, and then can be parsed and loaded back into the action chart later if the users save game gets deleted for any reason...

So anyway, I'll write back with some real opinions later tonight when I have a chance to do so...

-Eric Zollman
http://www/projectaon.org/sraff/eric