[projectaon] Re: Readers' Handbook Comment Period Begins

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 11:37:41 +0100

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

Just a quick comment: does the Read Handbook include the information
available in the forum's FAQ? I think it would be nice to have this
information available in the main site (vs. looking for it in the forums).

Hmm, not a bad idea. Of course, most (all?) the information is already there in the Appendix page listing the Newsletter Quotes, but they are presented in a chronological order rather than sorted by subject.

Jon, do you think it would be worth adding the Forum Rules FAQ material to the Readers' Handbook? <http://projectaon.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1113601814>

If so, I imagine a layout similar to the FAQ page, with Questions at the top linking to anchors, would be the best way. Should it all be put on one page, or would it be better to split it by section? The text for the FAQ thread all seems to be correct, a little cleanup for the wiki layout would be necessary, of course; the main job would be the mammoth number of cross-referencing links that would need to be added. (Of course, all of this is moot if its inclusion is vetoed. ;-) )