[projectaon] Re: Readers' Handbook Comment Period Begins

  • From: "OToole L" <L.OToole@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:39:37 +0100

Jonathan Blake wrote:
>Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
>>...I think a "Spoilers" section would be cool too (with a
>>listing of all the Special Items with references to the
>>places where they are found, which is a request frequently
>>found in the forums). What do you think?

>Interesting idea, but I think it's beginning to be off-topic
>for the Handbook, in my opinion. Should the scope for the
>Handbook be broadened, or should we find a different place
>for this?

Well, the Topical Guide already does this ... sortof. Its stated goal is that
it "attempts to provide answers, or at least insight, into some of the
inconsistencies and blind spots in the rules." But why then, for example, is
there an entry for 'Sword'? It's only 5 words long, and I can't imagine anyone
ever needing clarification for the rules on how it is used.

The problem if you tried to separate a rules FAQ from an item listing is that
there would potentially be a large overlap. I could possibly see the Topical
Guide growing into a Magnamund A-Z though, with a description of all the funny
rules beside the items/skills that cause them.

Cerulean