[projectaon] Re: Probable error in the Companion Postscript

  • From: "OToole L" <L.OToole@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:09:19 -0000

Simon Osborne wrote:
>CP currently says MS 5044 for Zadakar overrunning the Masbaté,
>but this is actually a typo. The original Newsletter #8 p. 7
>does say MS 5054. This is obviously wrong. Should I go ahead
>and fix it to MS 5044?

I think the confusion in this one at least may be my doing. (Indirectly at any
rate - stemming from my long list of minutiae on The Magnamund Companion last
year.)

<15 minutes of going through e-mail archives later>

Found it.
My original comment was:

"Page 111, THE PLAINLANDS OF LISSAN: The chronology doesn't seem to work for
me. It seems that the monsters inhabit the plains in MS 5050, but only invade
in MS 5054. Maybe the 'MS 5050' refers to King Samu's survival, which would be
easy if he ran away four years before anything happened!"

The response was:

"Tricky. This error is definitely present in the original Newsletter. I'll
arbitrarily change 5054 to 5044 in an attempt to make sense.

*Fixed."

<sigh>

Cerulean