[projectaon] Help needed with LW programs

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Project Aon List" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:34:15 -0800

I need your help.

A lot of proposals for new Lone Wolf software has come our way over
the last year. I'm not complaining because I wish we had more problems
like that, but I know that I'm not managing them well. I just don't
have the time to both work on the books (our core mission) and
facilitate software creation (a wonderful help to our fellow fans). I
want to see both those areas of Project Aon succeed, but I don't have
the time to do it personally.

I will start devoting my time more fully to getting the books out to
the public. I need some ideas on how to also encourage and help the
software developers so their projects aren't neglected. I don't know
if anyone has the time to take on that responsibility personally.
Instead, I was hoping to use the forum and the blog to gather feedback
even before the software is ready for general release. I also think
that encouraging the developers to join the volunteer list and ask
technical questions here will help.

Good idea? Bad? Suggestions?