[projectaon] Re: Help needed with LW programs

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:48:33 -0800

On Feb 7, 2008 2:17 AM, James Durrant <james.durrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Many thanks for this :)
>
>  I found it a little confusing to work out how to request an account to host
> the program - do I just e-mail here?

I'll get on that.

James, is it OK if I start giving out your Project Aon email address
(which I'm about to create and will forward to this email address that
you're subscribed to the list under) to software developers? What I
have in mind is that you would do whatever you feel best to facilitate
their work and keep this mailing list updated (monthly or so) on how
each project is going. You'd be the guy to make sure they get what
they need by, for example, yanking my chain to create a web account or
whatever. Simple, right? :)

One problem that we have is developer fatigue. It happened to me with
the original StatsKeeper, so I'm careful not to cast blame. Developers
get caught up in the fun of creating something new, but about the time
the first version is complete things stop being fun. Maintenance is a
pain.

With this in mind, we need to be better about getting source code so
that if a developer disappears, we're not left in the lurch. Someone
else might have the skills, time, and motivation to pick up the torch.

Thoughts?