[projectaon] Re: Help needed with LW programs

  • From: James Durrant <james.durrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 15:02:12 +0000

Yes that is absolutely fine :)I am more than happy to co-ordinate and feed back
to this list, etc as you suggest.

Fatigue is a problem, but something I have to deal with all the time at work as
a Business Analyst, so hopefully I'll motivate some projects to fruition, and
others will in turn motivate me :)

Good news on my project - I finally got around to the re-engineering of the
core (essentially, I was listing items by name before, but it was getting
difficult to track their effects, so I now have a separate items file, and
reference them by number)  I'm finishing off the additional code needed to
complete book 1 - most of this is generic, so feeds into later books.

I want to reformat my battle page - Simon will probably agree it is a little
"klunky" at the moment - but that is not essential to testing, so I will launch
before that is done.

After that, I'm using an Excel spreadsheet which generates CSV files to contain
the core rules for the books, so if I do get tired another keen soul can get
90+% of books 3-5 done without having to touch code :)

My code is in Visual Basic 6, reasonably laid out, and with a few comments (I
forget easily!) so should be reasonably easy to pick up - I am more than happy
to host it in the same place as the executable.  What I would really love is
for somebody to convert the code to a web interface - this should be possible
in theory :)

I'm not going down the "cheat options" route on this one - it is designed to
make me stick to the rules and learn the best path through the books!  I just
get bored remembering to add 1 END per page, etc.