Re: Making braille display working with a particular application

  • From: "QuentinC" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:26:56 +0200

Do you know that jaws has an api? You could get it to speak directly,
instead of relying on focus in an edit box. You can even interrupt
speech, so when you set it up to, say, speak text when a key is
pressed, the spoken message will have priority and the keypress will
not be spoken aloud. You can braille with jaws, too. What language are
you using?

IF you are talking about jfwapi.dll, I already use it. I put the spoken strings into the edit control only to have insert+up working correctly. I hoped it would work also for braille displays, but infortunately not. There isn't any show message on the braille display function in the API I'm using. There are only 3 functions : JFWSayString, JFWStopSpeech and JFWRunScript. I get these fonction directly from the DLL using LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress windows functions.