Making braille display working with a particular application

  • From: "QuentinC" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:09:23 +0200

Hello,
I have made a very simple client program which allow my french blind friends to
play a couple card games together over internet through a server.
This simple client program make use of jaws and NVDA API to speak what happen
during games, i.e. somebody plays that card, somebody has to draw 4 cards, etc.
as well as accompagning sounds, of course.

A player told me that, when he plays, he can't see anything on his braille
display. I really don't understand why, because all spoken text lines are also
placed into a single line standard edit control which has always focus (a new
spoken string replaces the old one in the box). That edit box is also used to
display one by one the items of a simulated menu (mainly the list of cards the
player can play on his turn).

I don't use braille display  on my own, so I can't easily check if what I do
works properly.
Could you help me solve that issue ?
Thank you in advance.