Re: Intro

  • From: Arya <misterenthu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:17:05 +0530

Hi Lee, thanks for the hearty welcome.
I am planning to write a calender and contact management software, with features for synchronizing with the mobile. I have often heard about c, c plus plus, and v c plus plus, but I dont know what are advantages, and dis-advantages of these languages, and their uses.
I am running windows 7 64 bit ultimate, and windows XP with dual boot.
I am using NVDA  as my primary screen reader, and JAWS demo.

< with cheers >

On 20-06-2011 PM 12:53, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

welcome to the list. I'm sure you'll learn a lot from us.

First, what kind of program do you plan to write? Have you heard of any programming language that interests you the most? And most importantly of all: what operating system does your computer have and what screen reader or other assistive solutions? The last one is important because we want to find a suitable setting where you can start writing your code.

I'd say that a good beginner language would be Python since the way you write code is quite easy (although you need to work on code layout). Other good language to start with would be C++, Java and other languages. If you are coming from web development route, i'd say that the next language might be Javascript or one of those website enhancers (advanced ones would be PHP and SQL).

Please give us as much info you can so that we can better understand your situations and get you started. And remember this: if something doesn't work the first time, just ask and we'll try our best to help you.

Cheers,

Joseph