Re: Intro

  • From: Arya <misterenthu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:21:42 +0530

Hi qubit , thanks for your warm welcome.
I am goin through the various sites given by our list members.
Your explanation about java and java scripting cleared lot of confusions i had.
Thanks again for the list address of blind webber.
< with cheers>

 On 20-06-2011 PM 09:43, qubit wrote:
Greetings Arya --
Welcome to the list.
I also recommend www.w3scools.com <http://www.w3scools.com> for many introductory tutorials on many languages and tools for web development. I also want to stress that java and javascript are 2 completely different languages that have no relationship to each other. Javascript is a scripting language used to perform many client side operations on a webpage. If this is unfamiliar to you, client side means that javascript is actually run by the web browser locally on a client's machine. This contrasts to languages like php which execute on the server, for example the machine where the website developer puts his/her database and webpages. Php stands for personal home page, and it started out small but has become quite pervasive in its use on in web site development. Java on the other hand is a general purpose, object oriented language used for many types of programs, not all related to web development. Now as for mailing lists, you might benefit by subscribing to blindwebbers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:blindwebbers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>. Just send blank mail to blindwebbers-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:blindwebbers-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
and confirm.
There is also www.nonvisualdevelopment.org <http://www.nonvisualdevelopment.org>, which is set up for programmers with sight limitations or blindness.
Hope this helps.
Happy hacking...*smile*