Cognos Accessibility with JAWS

  • From: "Brent Neal" <bneal@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ProgrammingBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 12:25:21 -0600

Here at work I was put on the data warehouse team because they thought I could
learn Cognos and create Cognos reports.  So far Cognos on the web has been
quite accessible accept we cannot seem to get to the Source, Toolbox and Data
Items icons which are in the center part of the screen.  I had sighted
assistance in labeling the icons but JAWS still does not recognize them.  Is
there any way to get around this problem?  If not I will not be able to create
the reports.
Also the screen is divided into 3 sections and I need to find a way to switch
between sections.  They are not frames or tables.  Does anyone know how to do
this?
Is anyone else using Cognos with JAWS?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank You