Re: Cognos Accessibility with JAWS

  • From: "Brent Neal" <bneal@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:09:39 -0600

Hi Jim,
One key bit of information I forgot to mention it that this version of Cognos
is a web application.  In the Hotspotclicker documentation it talks about
inserting JAWS scripts into the application.  Will Hotspotclicker work on web
applications?

Brent Neal
140 E 300 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Programmer
Phone:  801.526.9797
Email:  bneal@xxxxxxxx

>>> Jim Bauer <holdsworthfan@xxxxxx> 9/24/2009 10:28 AM >>>
Yes. It's not dependent on what JAWS sees; it blindly clicks a
position in its most basic form. There are safeguards, but if you
"defined a hotspot" with "app main window relative" positioning, you'd
be fine.

Jim

"Brent Neal" <bneal@xxxxxxxx> wrote on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:14:14
-0600: