Re: Announcing the Orion Smart book

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 18:33:13 -0500

Well, I don't get it.

The LevelStar Site doesn't give much information on the Icon, look like you
don't get any input other than audio without the docking station which means
$1,300 for the Icon and $600 for the keyboard, $1,900 altogether. For that you
get 8 more gigs of hard drive than you get on an iPhone.

I presume you can do input in some way outside of the docking station but they
don't tell you anything about that.

Having braille output albeit only 18 cells will add to the capability of course
but it seems redundant to me to have yet another isolated note taker.

The iPhone and come to that the iPod touch already does all that stuff and more
for less.