RE: Announcing the Orion Smart book

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 20:25:41 -0500

I understand your argument and know it has merit.  I also know there is a
market for these devices.  The one thing that all the cool touch screens do
not have is a quick and easy input method.  I personally use both an IPhone
and a G2 right now.  The main thing I hate about both is having to write
documents and take notes.  You can record with them fine but if you're
trying to use it as a document or even a good messaging system the input is
terrible.   This new device improves on the input by 100 % and the output I
will leave that up to the people as they try it.  I can tell you this though
Ivona speech engines are the stuff dreams are made of.

Look we can all argue that one thing is better than the other.  We can all
say it's too expensive even though I am working on the project and don't
know the cost yet.  One thing we all have to agree on is that the more
accessible devices the better.

Ken