[program-l] Re: VB: shortcut keys

  • From: "Will Pearson" <will-pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:46:04 +0100

MessageHi Che,

It does look like a bad install of the .Net Framework or Visual Basic Express.
The error is referring to being unable to locate a component that should have
been installed when you installed Visual Basic Express and the .Net Framework.
If the repair doesn't solve the problem, you might like to try uninstalling
Visual Basic Express and the .Net Framework 2.0, and then downloading and
reinstalling it again, as it may have been a bad download.

I think that previous versions of the .Net Framework refer to prior builds of
the .Net Framework 2.0.  You shouldn't have these unless you've previously
installed an earlier version of one of the Visual Studio 2005 products, say one
of the beta 1 products, or an earlier version of the .Net Framework 2.0.

What are the details of the system on which you are trying to install to, as
this may be a system specific problem.

Thanks,

Will