[program-l] Re: VB: shortcut keys

  • From: "David Lant" <david.lant1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 09:50:35 +0100

Hi Che,

I didn't have that trouble when I last tried the VB Express beta.  However,
that was before beta 2, so I couldn't guarantee that something hasn't been
broken since then.  It does rather highlight that it *is* still a beta
product, and you are quite likely to find problems with it.  That is why I
suggested you might want to wait until it is actually released.  I don't
honestly think it's a good idea for someone wanting to start out on anything
to do so using an unfinished product.

If you have the funds available, you might be better to get hold of Visual
Basic.NET 2003 Standard Edition, as at least it is a released product.  But
if you would rather work on the 2005 platform, then I'd recommend waiting
for it to be released.

All the best,

David