[program-l] Re: NVDA:

  • From: Lubos Pintes <lubos.pintes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:44:41 +0100

Completely agree. I am using NVDA more than year. No unsolvable problems till now. But if I discover one, it will be bad because I have no JAWS license for windows 7 64 bit. Perhaps it will be good motivation for me to solve that problem. :-)

Dňa 15. 3. 2012 15:52, Alex Hall wrote / napísal(a):
I use NVDA as my only screen reader. I have a few problems with it,
but overall it is better than Jaws (and, of course, it is free). I
never noticed any attitude from the developers at all.

On 3/15/12, Soronel Haetir<soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I've given up on NVDA.  It looked really promising for awhile, but the
attitude of the main developers really turned me off on the whole
thing.  They never actually said it but it was really close to "we
don't want to put out the best product possible", I could have
understood saying "we're not there yet", but to not even hope to
eventually create the best screen reader out there was a hugwe turn
off.  Also their attitude toward producing developer documentation.

On 3/15/12, Abida Mahomed - Business Connexion<Abida.Mahomed@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi guys,
I have been using jaws for the last 7 years or so. It has been retalively
stable. However, on starting a new job as a developer, it is completely
unstable. Even basic Microsoft Office is unstable, and teraterm and telnet
are another story. What are the advantages of using NVDA? Do you use one
screen reader for certain tasks and the other for others?

Thanks a mill,
Abida

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the Business Connexion (Pty)
Ltd. E-mail legal notice

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx