[program-l] Re: Eclipse, Spring and Hibernate

  • From: Birkir Rúnar Gunnarsson <birkir.gunnarsson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:03:24 +0000

I]m a little confused

Eclipse is not "easier" IDE than visual studio, unless you prefer to
start in Java over, say, c#, the IDE is similar, thehot keys are
slightly different. I really like it, but I like visual studio just as
well.
If you want simple programming interfaces with few functionalities,
well, you may just want to use notepad and command line.
If you want a fully featured IDE, Eclipse is great for Java, and there
are plug ins for several other languages, but you can alsojust use
visual studio, it will not be any less difficult to learn.
For web development, you have to set up a web server, I]d imagine,
though, honestly, I can use a few tips on that aspect as well, since
I]ve never written Java server side code.
Cheers
=B