[procps] Re: procps-ng for Translation Project

  • From: Craig Small <csmall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Benno Schulenberg <coordinator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 09:37:40 +1100

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 04:25:46PM +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> whereas I would like to see it gettextized like this:
>
>   _("--foo   this is an option")
>   _("-bar    this is the other one")
Hello Benno,
  I realised I dropped the ball here and didn't split up the help
text for you.  It was only when someone said "where's the
translations"[1] that I noticed something was missing.

The latest commit[2] has them sliced up now. Let me know if that's good
enough for translating. If so, we can start to load in the translations.

> >> "-L without -F makes no sense\n"
> >> "Try `%s --help' for more information."
> A define is a nice way of making sure that the text is always the
> same, but the essential part is that the two lines get a separate
> call of gettext() each.
I couldn't split these as they are used in a function call. It's
something like printf("text %s", program_name) where you can call
printf once only.

 - Craig

[1] //www.freelists.org/post/procps/Translations,12
[2]