[procps] Re: Translations

  • From: Mario Blättermann <mario.blaettermann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 18:32:54 +0100

Am Freitag, 27. Dezember 2013, 16:19:57 schrieb Craig Small:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 02:01:04PM +0100, Mario Blättermann wrote:
> > But in former messages to this list I saw there were some basic attempts
> > choose a translation system [1]. Would be much better than handle the po
> > files in the mailing list. Any news about that? I would prefer
> > translationproject.org in any case.
>
> We're using translationproject.org, I missed the import but that
> should get updated soon.

I can't see such a translatable domain in the TP. Usually it should be
http://translationproject.org/domain/procps-ng.html but there's nothing. You
should contact the TP coordinators once again.

> > instead of Groff and using itstool and docbook2man or a similar tool. Any
> > interest in translated man pages?
>
> If you prefer to send them via TP, then that works for us too.

Yes, of course I would use the TP. But we need an implementation of either
po4a or docbook2man in the upstream sources. What would you prefer? In the
latter case, the man page authors would need some DocBook skills, but po4a can
handle the roff sources directly.

Best Regards,
Mario