[procps] Re: Translations

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 05:07:56 -0600

On 12/28/2013 07:51 AM, Mario Blättermann wrote:
Then let's use po4a. Although it would be possible to convert the roff source
to DocBook. I've done this with Doclifter [1] for free.1 without problems. But
it failed on top.1 with 77 errors. As far as I can evaluate, it would be
easier to keep the roff formatted man pages and use po4a. Creating the po file
from top.1 with po4a didn't fail.

Hi Mario,

I too would have voted for po4a, just to keep troff source, so I'm glad that's the choice.

I had some correspondence with Eric Raymond (doclifter) awhile back and eliminated what I thought were the last errors (the .Bd/.Ed macros). So I was surprised to hear of the 77 errors you encountered.

I've re-tried conversions using doclifter-2.11, 2.12 and 2.13 and can't duplicate your experience.

Can you elaborate on them?

Thanks,
Jim